Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 69

Thread: Who will win Virginia?

  1. #21
    Inactive Member R13's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 25th, 2007
    Posts
    10,269
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Who will win Virginia?

    Did you see what Mccains bro said about Northern VA the other day? I dont think it helped him out too much...




    It now appears that making stupid and insensitive jokes runs in John McCain's family.

    This weekend at a campaign rally in support of his brother, Joe McCain referred to Northern Virginia as "Communist Country."

    Of course, Virginia is a battleground in this election, despite the fact that the state traditionally votes Republican. And Virginians, particularly Northern Virginians, might not care for Joe McCain's assessment of their great state.

    "I've lived here for at least 10 years and before that every third duty I was in either Arlington or Alexandria, up in Communist Country," Joe McCain said at the rally.

    To some, this joke may seem mild compared to Senator John McCain's repugnant sense of humor. During a past race for the U.S. Senate, John McCain told a disgusting joke about rape:

    "Did you hear the one about the woman who is attacked on the street by a gorilla, beaten senseless, raped repeatedly and left to die? When she finally regains consciousness and tries to speak, her doctor leans over to hear her sigh contentedly and to feebly ask, 'Where is that marvelous ape?'"

    Later, John McCain told an equally repulsive joke about a teenage Chelsea Clinton:

    "Why is Chelsea Clinton so ugly? Because her father is Janet Reno."

    Certainly, the electorate has taken notice of John McCain's demeanor during the first Presidential debate, and of his erratic behavior during the economic crisis. The polls reflect the fact that the American people are watching. But still too few people know about the real John McCain, the John McCain known for calling his colleagues in the Senate "[censored]," and "shitheads," and in at least one case, "a f*cking jerk." Still too few people know that John McCain called his wife Cindy a c*nt" in public during a Senate campaign.

    Every voter must now ask themselves: Does the 72-year-old John McCain have the temperament to be President?

    http://www.associatedcontent.com/art..._northern.html

  2. #22
    Inactive Member pvfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 22nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,518
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Who will win Virginia?

    I saw the headline and didn't waste my time. To many people get worried about he said she said and not about issues. If this was 2000 I'd probably vote McCain. I just can't do it right now with our economic situation. I don't have enough faith in trickle down economics to vote for him at this time.
    [img]http://www.gifsoup.com/view7/2505516/brandon-phillips-dugout-dance-o.gif[/img]

  3. #23
    Inactive Member R13's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 25th, 2007
    Posts
    10,269
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Who will win Virginia?

    Yeah but though there are a lot of people IMO there and else there that would read a lot into it. Last week I thought I saw in some polls that Mccain had took a slight lead back in VA, now looks like he has fallen harder here then previously. Also I read that since Jan 1, Virginia's voter registration rolls have increased by 211,000 people. Those 13 electoral votes could have really helped Mccain since most polls show he is far behind in the prjections. I still dont get him pulling all of his campaign out of Michigan.

  4. #24
    Inactive Member sup-rbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2006
    Posts
    8,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Who will win Virginia?

    IMO, come election day, the election isn't gonna even be close...I think Obama wins it going away.
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

  5. #25
    Inactive Member ChrisSabo's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 2nd, 2004
    Posts
    762
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Who will win Virginia?

    I have a feeling if McCain doesn't pull something out of his butt tonight in the debate, it could be all but over. And I'm a McCain supporter. One article I read said he better come out with some detailed plans in the debate instead of just attcking Obama. Attacks didn't work for Hillary in the primaries.

    Regardless of what the polls say, I'll still vote for McCain. Just admitting I don't like the way things are looking right now.

  6. #26
    Inactive Member sup-rbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2006
    Posts
    8,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Who will win Virginia?

    Look at CNN's latest electoral map...really, I don't think McCain has a chance anymore.
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

  7. #27
    Inactive Member ChrisSabo's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 2nd, 2004
    Posts
    762
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Who will win Virginia?

    I agree that it doesn't look good. But with still just under a month left, anything could happen.

  8. #28
    Inactive Member sup-rbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2006
    Posts
    8,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Who will win Virginia?

    It isn't gonna change that much tho...the death knells for McCain have been, his health care plan, his weak economic background and his selection of Palin. He did himself in.
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

  9. #29
    Inactive Member plantsman's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 14th, 2006
    Posts
    2,592
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Who will win Virginia?

    Palin is the main reason I'm going to vote for him.

  10. #30
    Inactive Member R13's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 25th, 2007
    Posts
    10,269
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Who will win Virginia?

    You are one of about 10. That woman has crippled his chances dramatically, if he went with a Romney or hell even Fred Thompson he wouldnt be as far behind as he is now.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •